Saturday, November 1, 2008

Ghosts, goblins and scarecrows?

We hope you all had a great Halloween!!! We had a blast! We didn't trick or treat because Jordan is still to small to enjoy it but we did make the rounds to family and friends. We also loved passing out candy to all of the little trick-or-treaters this year! It was awesome to see kids in real costumes and not whatever best fits over a snowsuit! We could not have asked for better weather. Brian and I last year spent something like 25-30 dollars on Jordan's costume only to have him tug and fuss at it all night so I decided it would probably only be worse this year as he is very particular these days, haha. So I decided to make his costume, and this cute little scarecrow below cost me around $7.00 to make!! He already had the pants and the shirt (which was a little tight, haha) and I bought a little straw hat for $1.00 and the yarn for $5.00 at Hobby Lobby. I knitted the hat and attached it to the straw hat and took elastic and cut little strings and attached them to make the wrist, ankle, belt and neck "stuffing" He is used to wearing the winter beanie caps I make him so he was very comfortable with this little hat, and he really only pulled it off a couple of times and didn't fuss when I put it back on. It turned out so cute! I'm pretty sure if I have the time I will just make his costumes from now on.








No comments: